We already wrote about the disadvantages in Slovakia in a previous article. It’s time to talk about the plus points. In this article we will list the main advantages of Slovakia, which were important for us when our family was planning to emigrate to the EU. And also we will tell about the advantages that we saw already living in Bratislava – the capital of Slovakia.
Loyal immigration law
● Low requirements for obtaining and extending a residence permit for a business.
● The possibility of reunification with the family immediately upon the first submission to the residence permit.
● After 5 years, an immigrant receives lifelong status of permanent residence, and after 10 years – the citizenship of Slovakia.
● Slovakia is a very calm country that does not conflict with other states.
● Crime is at a very low level.
● Cars drive by the rules and usually do not violate speed limits, therefore, there are very few car accidents.
Favorable conditions for business
● Tax on personal income – 19%.
● Profit tax – 21%.
● VAT – 20%.
● Transparent and clear “rules of the game” for business.
● High rates of economic development.
● Secondary and higher education in Slovakia is free.
● Diplomas of universities in Slovakia are recognized in any EU country.
A real opportunity to get a mortgage
● Credit rate 1.5% -2% per annum.
● The loan term is up to 30 years.
● First installment from 0%.
● A person working under a formal employment contract has the right to apply for a mortgage already for the 4th month of work.
Loyal attitude to emigrants
● Slovaks are very friendly people. To meet rudeness or aggression is almost impossible.
● There is no bias towards emigrants, other religions, or skin color.
● The older generation remembers Russian, young people almost all know English. If he turns to the Slovak on the street, he will always help because of his capabilities, no matter what language you speak.
● Any EU country is open for you!
● No visas or permits are required in order to travel throughout Europe.
Slovaks love sports very much. Almost everyone has a bicycle; there is a developed network of bicycle routes throughout the country. On weekends, Slovaks do active sports. Many emigrants join such an active lifestyle. A national sport is hockey.
The mentality is very similar to the Ukrainian and Russian. By themselves, the Slovaks are very friendly, with a wonderful sense of humor, it is easy to communicate with them.
The Slovak language is very close to Ukrainian, especially with adverbs of western Ukraine due to its territorial proximity to Slovakia. Russian people will also understand the language, you need a little effort and time to begin confidently speak Slovak.
Work in Slovakia
Finding work at any level in Slovakia is easy. The country is actively developing, so the labor market needs many specialists.
Thanks to a well-designed system of traffic intersections and a high driving culture, the level of traffic accidents in Slovakia is lower than in the post-Soviet countries.
Slovaks by their nature do not like to hurry. This is manifested in both business and everyday life. On the one hand, it annoys the new immigrants a little, but over time comes the understanding that this is exactly what needs to be done: to make decisions having thought it over well, not to rush to do everything, and one day, but just to live and have fun.
You can learn more about all the advantages of Slovakia from our video on this topic. Enjoy watching!