Rent or buy property
Buying or renting real estate in Slovakia is a must if you plan to obtain a residence permit for business and completely emigrate to the Slovak Republic. In addition, according to the new amendments to the Law No. 404/2011 on the residence of foreigners in Slovakia dated 05/01/2018 (reference to the law), a foreign citizen who has received a residence permit must stay in Slovakia for at least half of the term of the previous residence permit in order to extend the residence permit. Since May 2018, this is one of the main requirements for extending a residence permit. Therefore, even before obtaining a residence permit or immediately after receiving it, the emigrant faces the question of finding housing, as well as an office or other premises for doing business. This can be done independently if a person is well versed in all the intricacies of the real estate market in Slovakia, or contact us.
Rent of apartments, houses, offices in Bratislava and the suburbs. Price: 100% of one month rent. We provide real estate rental search services independently, as we understand the client’s needs and the specifics of the selection of real estate remotely (if the client is still at home).
Buying real estate in Bratislava or another city in Slovakia. Cost: 1% -3% depending on the price of the property. We do not provide this service personally, but we will advise a reliable verified real estate agency, where there are Russian-speaking managers. The agency undertakes to search and select a real estate object, draw up preliminary and main purchase and sale agreements, check the object for obligations and underpayments for utilities, re-register all contracts for the supply of comm. services, will supervise the entry of the new owner into the Cadastral Register of the Slovak Republic.
For all questions about renting/buying real estate in Slovakia you can contact us for free consultation.
The procedure for finding rent of real estate in Slovakia with our help
● The client informs about the preferences and criteria for renting the property to be found: residential or commercial, area, desired area, acceptable price, condition of renovation, presence of a bath, balcony, etc.
● For clients who have ordered from our company services of support in obtaining a residence permit in Slovakia, we start searching for real estate options WITHOUT PAYMENT. For clients with whom we have not yet had a relationship, the search for real estate starts after an advance payment of 200 euros (in case of full payment for real estate selection services, the advance payment is subtracted from the total amount of commissions. services, the advance payment is not refundable and serves as compensation for the work already done).
● If the client is still in his home country, we are constantly in touch, discuss options, provide photos and videos of the property after the inspection. If the client is already in Slovakia, we agree on viewing the agreed options, and together we go for viewing.
● The client is determined with the choice. We help him with the analysis of the contract, accompany him on signing the lease agreement, help to knock out the best conditions for the client (for example, so that payment for the Internet and TV is included in the rental price, etc.). We also agree on the provision of residence registration (Čestné vyhlásenie) in the apartment to the client and each member of his family. We will make sure that the owner signs a registration with a notary within the timeframe provided by the SR law.
● The standard is the situation when the client pays according to the contract for 1 month. the rent in front of the first month, as well as the same amount leaves the owner of the property as collateral. The deposit is returned in full when the client leaves the apartment, while all the terms of the contract are met. Or the deposit can be used as payment for the last month of the rental. Usually you need to notify the owner about leaving the apartment 2 months in advance.
● After signing the contract between the client and the owner of the real estate and agreeing on all organizational issues, the client pays a commission for our work. Thus, the client needs to prepare an amount for payment in the amount of 3 months rent (First month + deposit + commission).
Our apartment reviews (60 videos)
In the course of our work, we have chosen numerous apartments for our clients in various price ranges and neighborhoods of Bratislava. For singles, families with children and people with pets. You can view our apartment reviews by clicking on the button below.
Features of the real estate market in Slovakia
The prices for renting and buying real estate are very different in Bratislava compared to the suburbs or other towns. For example, in the capital, renting a 3-room apartment in good condition averages 800-1000 euros. But already 20 km from Bratislava, the same apartment can be rented for 400-600 euros / month.
As a rule, real estate owners themselves do not search for clients, but turn to real estate agencies. Therefore, it is almost impossible to find an ad from the direct owner.
Real estate agencies may not charge a client for their services. Usually, if the rental price of the property is low, then the payment to the agency is 100% of the monthly fee. If the apartment is in good condition and is at the average or higher price, then the owner will pay for the agency’s services. But in each case it is necessary to clarify this.
Utility bills in Slovakia are paid once a year. Therefore, in the ads, the rental price can be indicated immediately, taking into account the communal apartment, or they write a separate fixed cost of payments.
Slovaks are very loyal to foreigners. But not everyone is ready to attribute foreigners to rented housing. A residence permit is a very important point, since it is one of the main documents that is submitted to the police to obtain or extend a residence permit.
Usually, the apartments offered for rent have everything for life: furniture, household appliances, TV, Internet, etc.
Recommendations for finding real estate in Slovakia
● If you are planning to rent an apartment for your family, as you want to completely emigrate, then it is advisable, even during your first trips to Slovakia, to immediately look at the districts, take a ride through them, and evaluate for yourself which district you prefer. You will not live in it for a month or two. Therefore, it is important to understand what infrastructure is in the area, where there are kindergartens and schools, institutions that are important to you.
● If you are planning to buy real estate, we advise you to also carefully approach the choice of the area. Better yet, rent an apartment for the first time, live in Slovakia for 4-6 months, get comfortable, understand what’s what, where it would be convenient for you to live: closer to the center, or away from the bustle of the city. And only then make an informed choice of the property to buy.
● Own real estate is a big advantage in the eyes of the Aliens Police. Especially during the extension of the residence permit. An emigrant homeowner in Slovakia can extend the residence permit for several years at once, and not call for additional interviews, since the property owner has thus invested in the economy of Slovakia.